This makes a really tasty substitute for butter.
- 1/4 cup olive oil (recommended: 100% extra virgin)1
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (or 1/8 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Pour olive oil into a small bowl or container (preferably something that can be securely covered with a lid). The smaller the container, the better, so long as it holds at least 1/4 of a cup of oil.
- Add seasonings.
- Mix thoroughly with spoon or fork.
- For spreadability, store in the freezer and thaw a little bit before use. It will melt fast.
*Spread lightly. A little goes a long way.
Try this on toast, bagels, or baguettes. You can use it to make garlic bread. Frozen or slightly thawed you can use this instead of margarine, or thawed or unfrozen you can use it as a dip. Don’t store this at room temperature. If you won’t freeze it, keep it in the fridge. It will harden a little after a few days, but at room temperature the garlic and olive oil might become a thriving ecosystem for botulism, so it’s better to keep it cold than to get sick later.