Nancy Crosby’s No Bake Cookies, which can be found in the Bountiful Health cookbook, are one of my favorite recipes. I didn’t have all the ingredients needed to make her recipe exactly, so I improvised, and the result were some delicious peanut butter no bake cookies. Look for her cookbook to see the original No-Bake Cookie recipe that I’m talking about. I also changed some of the directions.
- 1/2 honey
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used 1/2 cup crunchy, and 1/2 cup creamy)
- 1/4 cup soy, almond, or coconut milk (I used soy milk)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or imitation vanilla (I used imitation)
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- Bring to boil all but 1/2 a cup of peanut butter (I brought to boil about 1/4 cup of each kind, but it may not matter) and oats.
- Cook on high for about 1 minute, stirring constantly or frequently.
- Mix in oats.
- Add the rest of the peanut butter.
- Mix thoroughly, until the sauce is distributed throughout all the oats.
- Scoop out by spoonfuls, using a serving spoon or a large spoon.
- Shape into patties.
- Chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
These store well in the fridge or freezer. I like to keep them in the freezer.
For those who are interested in the Bountiful Health, or other cookbooks with recipes to delicious vegan meals, please contact Nancy Crosby at nanjcrosby[at]yahoo[dot]com. Put symbols instead of the s and the type of symbol mentioned ^_~.