This is another canvassing recipe, from more than two programs ago (so it’s been over a year since I last remember making this). Measurements are guesstimated. Don’t try to fit more on the sandwich than you can. Measurements are guesstimated. You can also use other fruits, too, but here’s what I remember using. You can also choose another type of bread or peanut butter, if you desire. I also don’t remember exactly what order I put them down in, but this one should hold together well.
- 2 slices whole grain bread (whole wheat, 12 grain, or similar)
- peanut butter
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1/4 apple (gayla, golden delicious, or similar is recommended), core part removed
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 5-7 grapes
- Slice kiwi, bananas, and thinly slice apples.
- Slice grapes in half.
- Spread a thick layer of peanut butter (about 1/8 cup, but you can use more or less) on one side of each slice of bread.
- Press apples into the peanut butter of one slice of the bread. You may only use about 4 thin slices of apple, give or take a couple of slices.
- Place kiwi on top of apples. If apples are spread far enough apart, place the kiwi where they will touch the peanut butter. You might only use half the kiwi.
- Press grapes into the peanut butter on the other slice of bread. You may not use them all.
- Layer banana slices on top of the kiwi. You might not use all of it.
- Place the other slice of bread, peanut butter and grape side down on top of the layer of fruit.
- Gently, but firmly, press down.
You can leave out any of the fruits listed above, or even choose other fruits such as mango, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, dates, dried fruit, or whatever you think will taste delicious in this sandwich.