- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu or Italian-style tofu, diced (optional)
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup mix broccoli and cauliflour, chopped
- 1 whole onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 little sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 medium/small potatoes, diced small
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Italian seasoning
- celery flakes and/or seeds or celery salt
- garlic powder
- 1 can, about 15 oz (give or take a few oz) diced tomatoes
- Pour oil into a large frying pan, enough to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Add vegetables.
- Cook vegetables, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tofu.
- Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes and dash on seasonings.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, uncovered, until the juice from the tomatoes is absorbed or evaporated.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Makes a large frying pan full of stir-fry, at least 4 cups of food, possibly closer to six, guesstimated.