This makes 1 avocado taco.
- 2 small tortillas (about 5 inches), larger or standard sized tortillas are okay, but you may need more avocado.
- 1/2 avocado
- (optional) 1/2 roma tomato diced or 2-3 cherry or other small tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 tsp oil
- salt (I recommend sea salt
- Pour oil onto one tortilla. Then rub both tortillas together to get the oil evenly spread on both.
- Place bottom tortilla, oil down, onto a grill, griddle, waffle iron, or in a frying pan. I like to use the waffle iron the best, but it can be made on just about any hot cooking surface (I recommend cooking over medium heat if using anything other than a waffle iron). I had bought a waffle iron in Canada, and found myself using it to make a few “quesadillas”, including this avocado one.
- Mash and spread avocado on the bottom tortilla (not the bottom of, but the top of the bottom tortilla).
- Sprinkle on a little salt.
- Add tomatoes (if using).
- Place other tortilla, oil side up, on top of the avocado.
- (Optional) Sprinkle a little salt on top of the top tortilla, on the oil.
- If using waffle iron, close waffle iron and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until tortillas have browned and turned crispy or at least hardened. If using a grill, frying pan, or any other hot surface, flip quesadilla after bottom tortilla has browned and turned crispy or hardened a little (about 5-10 minutes) and cook for about 5-10 more minutes or until the other tortilla reaches the desired effect.
I think I made this one in the waffle iron.