I made these during a canvassing program, but I don’t remember taking any for lunch. I think I still had some sticky rice that I had bought, already made, and the program was nearly over, so I had made these for the trip back to school. I don’t remember exactly how many I made, but here’s a recipe for 8 onigiri.
- 4 cups prepared sticky rice, still warm
- 6-12 Tbsp peanut butter
- honey (optional)
- Divide sticky rice into 8 parts.
- Divide each of the 8 parts in half.
- Flatten 8 halves, preferably in a circular shape.
- Place 1-2 tablespoonfuls of peanut butter into the center of each of the 8 flat halves.
- Cover each with each of the other 8 halves and shape into a ball.
- (Optional) Drizzle each onigiri with honey.
- Eat at room temperature or after refrigerating.