- Batter: 2 cups flour + salt + onion powder + water
- 8 eggplant slices
- About 1-2 cups bruschetta topping
- oil (if not enough in bruschetta topping)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make batter by mixing together flour, a sprinkle of salt, and a dash of onion powder. Then add just enough water to make a thick, gooey batter. Should not be lumpy, but should be thick and gooey. If the batter is too thin, add more flour.
- Lightly grease baking pan, cookie sheet, or something similar with oil (I recommend using oil from the bruschetta).
- Dip eggplant into the batter. A thick coating is best. You may have to make more batter.
- Place eggplant on the baking pan/cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until batter forms into a crust/shell around the eggplant. It is okay if it is still soft, but it should not be golden brown or crispy yet. Take out sooner if necessary to prevent burning/overcooking, because it still needs to cook another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with bruschetta topping.
- Return to oven and cook another 10-15 minutes.