Makes about 2 cups.
- 2 cup diced tomatoes (or cherry/grape/other small tomatoes cut into quarters)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced thin and small
- 1/4 small onion, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup 100% extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of basil
- 2-3 dashes of rosemary
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or similar container.
- Mix well. Make sure that all garlic is soaking in oil. Add more oil if necessary.
- Let set in the fridge for a few hours/overnight to let the flavor soak into the oil.
Do not leave this on the counter, because olive oil and garlic at room temperature can be an environment in which the deadly bacteria Clostridium botulinum will thrive.
Try this as a dip, in sandwiches, or baked on pizza, toast, or eggplant.