This simple, healthy soup can be served chilled for a refreshing summer soup, or can be heated up for a light, healthy hot soup in the chilly weather (or when one is under the weather).
- 1/2 large or 1 small cucumber
- 1 1/2 large maters (home grown tomatoes, or a few roma or other tomatoes)
- 1 small or 1/2 medium or 1/4 large onion
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1-2 cups water
- Peel cucumber and onion. Rinse all vegetables. Remove undesirable parts (like the part where the stem grows out) from the tomato.
- Cut all vegetables into chunks for easier blending.
- Blend all ingredients together in blender.
- (For hot soup). Heat soup in a small saucepan, just until desired temperature (or just until it’s hot enough).
(Optional: You may also sprinkle on a little salt, if desired.)
This makes about 2-4 servings of soup, depending on how much water is used.