- 1 block of tofu (12-16 oz), extra firm
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- crust: for crust, you can use a pre-made crust, graham cracker crumbs, crushed ginger snap cookies or molasses cookies, granola, or you can google search for cheesecake/pie crust recipes that suit your personal preferences
- oil or nonstick cooking spray (for greasing pan)
- salt (optional)
- 4 pineapple rings, cut into 4 pieces (I used fresh pineapple)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend together the first 4 ingredients.
- Pour blended mix into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce to medium heat and heat, stirring often, until thickened. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired.
- Grease a pie pan.
- Flatten out a layer of graham cracker or gingersnap cookie crumbs, not too thin or too thick. (I got my cookies at the dollar tree. I don’t know if they’re vegan or not, but I didn’t see any dairy or eggs on the ingredient’s list.)
- Pour the mixture over the crumbs.
- Decorate with pineapple slices. You may need more or less pineapple.
- Bake at 425 for about 3o-45 minutes or until it thickens like cheesecake.
This makes 1 cheesecake, about 6 slices.