I seem to have misplaced the recipe, so I’d better post this before I forget.
I probably left it in the computer lab when I last came to post the recipe. I hadn’t brought the picture with me to post, so I gave up and decided to try again later. I asked my grandma how I should season this combination. She suggested sage and poultry seasoning. I couldn’t find either.
- 5-6 cups of diced bread (I recommend a whole-grain bread, like whole wheat, or rye bread, or something firm.)
- 1 1/2 cups of cranberries
- 1/2 of a medium or 1 whole small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 of a 14 oz roll of vegan/vegetarian breakfast sausage (I used Gimme Lean), or, basically, 7 oz of any vegan/vegetarian breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of sage
- 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning
- just enough water to wet the bread (about 1/2-1 cup), but not enough to make it really soggy
- nonstick cooking spray/spray oil (for greasing pan)
- Preheat oven to 400-425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crumble or dice sausage into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well, mixing in just enough water to wet the bread.
- Grease a standard-sized loaf pan (or another pan).
- Tightly pack in your stuffing.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Peek into the oven after 30 minutes to make sure it’s not burning.
- Stick a fork through the middle. Your stuffing should be crispy on top, and may be a little gooey (but not very gooey, unless you used too much water) in the middle, but your fork should still come out fairly clean if your stuffing is done. It should also hold together somewhat like a loaf, though it may fall apart a little bit (depending on how much water you used).
This makes 1 standard-sized loaf pan full, enough for a family of around 5 people.
Thank you, grandma! I love you!