It’s just a celery stalk and a can of corn shy of being a cream-of-everything soup.But you can add a sliced up stalk of celery and a can of corn to this to make it cream-of-everything soup. The reason why I didn’t is because I didn’t have any corn, and my celery wilted before I could finish it off :(.
This makes 1 bowl. You can multiply the recipe to make enough for your family/friends.
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced (small)
- 1 jar (6.5 oz) of asparagus (I used Pampa.), or a similar brand, in its brine.
- 1 handful of sliced mushrooms (rinse/wash well if using fresh mushrooms, do not use mushrooms from China)
- 1/4-1/2 of a medium onion (or 1 full small onion), peeled and sliced
- around 2-3 cups of soy, almond, or coconut milk (I used almond-coconut blend.)
- dash of fennel seeds (optional)
- 1 handful of parsley
- a pinch of sea salt
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 thin slice of earth balance (about 1/2 Tbsp or about as much olive oil) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan/pot, dashing on garlic and onion powder (about 3 or 4 dashes or a good shake of the seasoning).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft and onions are tender.