Kind of like a ham salad sandwich spread, but different.
- 3-4 vegetarian hotdogs (veggie dogs)
- 2 Tbsp sliced or chopped olives
- 1/4 of an onion, peeled and finely chopped/sliced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo substitute (recommended: homemade, vinegar free vegan)
- salt (to taste) (optional)
- home-made mustard or turmeric (to taste) (optional)
- 1 stalk of celery, washed/rinsed well and diced small (optional)
- If the veggie dogs need to be cooked; boil, steam, or microwave them.
- Place the veggie dogs in a bowl (Do not use the water/juice if you cooked them in water or juice. Yes, some veggie dogs come in juice.) and mash them.
- Prepare the vegetables as directed in the ingredients list.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on bread, toast, crackers, etc.
Store in the refrigerator.
Makes enough for 3-4 sandwiches on sliced bread.