This makes around 4 cups.
- around 4 cups of peas
- 1/2-1 onion, peeled, cut into 4, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Earth Balance or other vegan/nondairy margarine (or coconut or olive oil)
- garlic powder
- Parsley and/or Italian seasoning (optional)
- Bring peas, onion, enough water to cover the veggies, and salt (sprinkle, dash, or a pinch or two) to a boil.
- Boil for about 5-10 minutes or until veggies have the desired tenderness (Al dente to tender).
- Drain out the water and return to stove over (anywhere between or at) low to medium heat.
- Add Earth Balance or whatever substitute you have selected.
- Sprinkle or dash on seasonings (to taste).
- Stir until butter melts. If using oil, just mix ingredients.
- Remove from stove.