Simple, easy (two steps if the guacamole is already made), gluten free, and this recipe can be totally raw, too.
- 3-4 large, whole (or mostly whole) lettuce leaves (I used romaine, fresh from the greenhouse, I think.)
- around 1-2 cups of guacamole (I used this red pepper guac)
- Wash/rinse lettuce leaves in water and pat dry with a paper towel (if not already washed and dried).
- (As much as possible without breaking), flatten lettuce leaves.
- Add a scoop of guacamole (1/4-1/2 cup) to each lettuce leaf.
- Roll each lettuce leaf (take one end and roll it toward the other end).
Mmm. Refreshing, delicious, and healthy. The lettuce wraps are featured in the photo with steamed asparagus, some very salty garlic mashed potatoes, and vanilla almond cookies from Allison’s Gourmet, as my Sabbath lunch and dessert (in that order). I only ate one cookie, and enjoyed the second today.