A quick, simple meal. I ate this as an entree, but it can be eaten as a side, too.
Makes 2 servings, a filling meal.
- 1 8.5 oz package of Seeds of Change®, Certified Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice With Garlic
- 1/2 15.5 oz can of organic chick peas/garbanzo beans or about 7.75 oz prepared chick peas (boiled thoroughly), drained (optional, but recommended: rinsed, also)
- 1/4-1/2 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat frying pan (I use cast iron.) on medium heat.
- Open package and dump rice into the pan.
- Add oil. Mix.
- Add garbanzo beans and onions.
- Dash on rosemary.
- Sprinkle on salt (or add a pinch or two).
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium or between low and medium heat for about 10 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Turn off the heat and let simmer for a few minutes (2-5).
- (Optional, before serving/eating.) Taste. Add more salt and mix (to taste, if desired).
Optional: You may also add more garlic powder—to taste—if desired. If you don’t have access to “seeds of change” or that specific flavor, you could try other, similar ready-to-eat quinoa and/or rice. You also do not have to use organic, and can use conventionally grown chick peas. It’s your call.