Make your own healthy mustard.
A friend of mine gave me this recipe, so the recipe’s not mine. I recommend making your own healthy, vinegar-free mustard and using it as you would regular, store-bought mustard. I also recommend using homemade mustard in place of “mustard” in recipes.
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour (Recipe recommends soy flour. You could also try other flour or even non-GMO cornstarch.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2-2 tsp turmeric and/or paprika (The recipe says “or”, but I say “and/or”, because a combination of both might be yummy, too.)
- 2 Tbsp garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup oil (Recipe recommends vegetable oil. I suggest try using a healthier oil, such as coconut oil.)
- Whiz lemon juice, flour, salt, and turmeric/paprika in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Let cool.
- Return to the blender and add garlic and oil, while whizzing.