- 1 small or regular sized can of beans or about 2 cups of already soaked and cooked beans (recommended: cannellini, white, pinto, or something similar, may also use black beans, kidney beans, lentils, and/or other beans)
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Peel and crush garlic into the beans. (You may use garlic powder instead or in addition to, seasoning to taste.)
- Slice onion into small slices. (You may use onion powder instead or in addition to, seasoning to taste.)
- Add a pinch of salt (to taste).
- Add a couple pinches of sage (to taste).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil for about 10-15 minutes or until onions are tender (beans should already be tender before cooking).