You don’t need lettuce or other greens to make a salad (though they are good for you and good in salad, too).
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- about 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced (may have been a little more or less or almost a whole, and you can use more or less)
- about 1/2 small summer squash, cut into half-discs (may have been a little less than half, and you can use more or less)
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, sliced
- about 1/4-1/2 cup olives, whole
- 1 avocado, cut into pieces
- the juice of 1/2 of a lemon, squeezed into the salad
You might like to try yours with onion. You can use a different combination of vegetables, too. Rinse/wash them well, cut out the bad parts, peel the avocado. You may also sprinkle on a little salt and/or other herbs and seasonings. Broccoli, tomato, and onion would be a tasty and colorful combination. Cauliflower and carrot another colorful and nutritious combination. You could use raw peas and corn. There are many possibilities. You can cut them into smaller pieces, too.