- 1 cup edamame (frozen or prepared)
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/4-1/2 onion
- ground ginger (1/2-2 tsp recommended)
- Pour a little water into a pan (just enough to cook the edamame).
- Peel and crush garlic into the water. You can use a garlic press or something similar, or blend the garlic and water together in a blender and then put it in the pan.
- Peel and slice/chop onion into small pieces and add to the water.
- Pour in edamame.
- Add ginger.
- Mix and bring all to a boil.
- Cook (recommended: reduced heat, but you can boil on high), for 10-15 minutes or until edamame and onions are tender/soft. Edamame may be firm, but edible, so long as they have been already prepared (soaked and cooked) ahead of time, if they did not come that way already.
Makes 1 cup, plus onions, serves 1 or 2.
You may also want to add oil, such as olive, coconut, or sesame oil.