- 4-6 lettuce leaves (may also use other greens, including spinach and kale)
- 1/2-1 avocado
- tomato (3-4 small-1 medium-about 1/2 large, may use more or less)
- about 8 olives
- small amount of sliced onion (recommended: red onion)
- (optional) a handful of shredded vegan cheese (or crumbled tofu cheese) or thinly sliced vegan cheese
- 1/2-1 lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- (optional) a sprinkle to a pinch of salt
Slice or tear lettuce leaves. Dice avocado. Slice tomatoes. Mix well. (Optional) Add sliced or whole (pitted) olives and/or sliced onion.
Squeeze in the juice from 1/2-1 lemon and add oil and salt. Mix.
Top with cheese.
Note: You may add other vegetables and/or exclude any of these vegetables. The first time, for example, I did not use olives. The second time, I did not use avocado. You do not need salt, but only for a little taste if you want it. You also do not need the oil, unless you want it. I did not use salt nor oil on mine, if I remember correctly. You do not need to stick to the measurements, either. This is a basic recipe for about 2 people/two bowls, but you can add more or use less of any of these ingredients, as well as adding other ingredients. Keep in mind that the more you add, the bigger your salad will get. In reality, just about anything (if not anything) on that list is optional.