Had some leftover beans in the fridge…
Basically a haystack without the chips, but you can crumble some tortilla chips on top (or the bottom) of this salad, if desired.
- lettuce and/or other fresh greens (spinach/kale) (enough for two bowls of salad, unless you are only making enough for yourself, in which case, cut the other ingredients in half, too, unless you want to use all of them)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (or one tomato of a larger variety or two of similar size or a couple handfuls of smaller tomatoes)
- about 1/2-1 cup of prepared/cooked/leftover, cooled pinto or black beans
- lemon or lime (I used lemon.)
- onion (I used red onion.)
- avocado (recommended, though I did not use it in this salad)
To Make: Wash vegetables. Tear or slice lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Slice tomatoes (unless using very small ones, such as cherry or grape tomatoes), dice avocado, and slice a little bit of onion. Mix together. Squeeze on lemon juice and add cilantro (to taste, perhaps start with a pinch or two and add more if desired).