You can change the flavor by selecting or excluding some of these ingredients. I have enjoyed these flavors with noodles and sesame seeds, tofu and vegetables, beans and even vegan ham.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- about 1/2-1 tsp of cumin (optional)
- about 1-2 tsp of garlic powder and a pinch of salt or 1-2 tsp of garlic salt
- (optional) you can also add about 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1-2 tsp of lemon/lime juice
- (optional) you can also and 1-2 Tbsp of tomato juice, or use tomato juice instead of water
- (optional) you can use coconut milk instead of water
- (optional) you can also add anywhere from 1 tsp to 1-2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup for additional sweetness and flavor
To Make: Combine all ingredients except the lemon/lime juice in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stirring constantly, simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Add juice. Return to a boil (if it is no longer boiling), and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
Pour over whatever you are eating/serving.