I haven’t tested this recipe, but it looks yummy, and healthier than my sweet refrigerator pickles, which are loaded with sugar (which is one reason why I haven’t posted the recipe yet, and am not yet sure if I will, if I even still have the recipe or can remember how I made it, but maybe I will…). Back when I was making the corn pancakes and the pumpkin pancakes and the borscht, I was staying with a woman who I’ll call “Mrs. B”. I dug this out of the recipe box on her counter.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey (can anyone recommend another natural liquid sweetener that may work for this recipe, for those who are true vegans or allergic to bees, pollen and/or honey?)
- 2 Tbsp minced/dried onion
- 1/4 tsp celery salt or a pinch of celery seed
- 4 tsp salt
- cucumbers (wash and slice)
- Wash, sanitize, and dry a 1 quart, wide-mouthed jar.
- Combine all ingredients except cucumbers.
- Fill the jar with sliced cucumbers, packed down.
- Pour the other ingredients over the cucumbers.
- Close jar and refrigerate 24 hours before using. Store in the refrigerator.
- To make relish, drain the pickles and put them through a food processor before use.
I hope this recipe isn’t copyright protected. I don’t know the original source. Is this your recipe? Please contact me. Thank you.