Made this on Friday for Sabbath lunch, and ate some for supper, too.
- about 3-4 cups of rice noodles
- (optional) about 1/2-1 cup of frozen or canned peas
- (optional, wish I had) about 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- (optional, wish I had) about 1/4-1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- (optional, wish I had) about 1/2-1 cup fresh tomato
- (optional) about 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets, raw
- about 2-3 vegetarian hot dogs, sausage links (big), or 1 cup of vegetarian pepperoni slices or similar vegetarian meat, sliced
- olive oil
- 1-2 lemons or limes (I did not have this, but wish that I had. It’s also optional, but recommended.)
- Italian seasoning (or oregano and thyme)
- Bring a sufficient amount of water to a boil (about 1 liter).
- Add noodles and boil 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Drain, rinse with cold water (optional). Let set in the strainer to drain more (optional).
- Thaw peas if using frozen. If they are too hard when thawed, they may need some cooking. If using canned, drain and rinse the peas. Drain olives. Wash and cut other vegetables as desired.
- If your vegetarian meat of choice is not already pre-cooked and ready to use as-is, steam, grill, fry or microwave it.
- Mix noodles, vegetables, and veggie meat together.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the salad.
- Add a pinch of oregano, two pinches of thyme, and a pinch or two of salt (I used Himalayan pink salt.). Squeeze out and the lemon/lime juice, straining out the seeds.
- Mix together.
- Gradually mix in more seasoning if needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving.